Saturday, November 20, 2010

Kiss The Past Goodbye

Collages from years past. Shadowboxed & ready to hang for your convenience.

These are shadowboxed, works I did at the change of the millenium 2000-2001.
These are the pieces that led me astray from a formal straight printer and toner to an aspiring chemical alchemist. They are collaged with many never before seen (private) gelatin silver prints, treats and trinkets, hospital arm bands, rough sandpaper, mummified birds and butterflies, reeds and mermaids.
The prints referred to as "personal vintage" pre-date 1990, when I was just beginning.
They are contained- shadowboxed, entirely autobiographical, black eyes and regretted relationships, my second tattoo;
and it is time to let them go.
I try never to dwell on past work, the only picture I wish to think about is the next one but I cannot allow these to languish in the cedar closet in the basement.

So consider giving them a home. This is a garage sale.

Any of these 8 boxes are just $77 including shipping in the Continental US. Signed and dated.
For International shipping (first class) the box is $103

There is only one of each.

If you are interested drop me a line here or at: rabbitlange@hotmail.com
If not interested, look at them anyway, they are who I once was.
SOLD.
world's end
I was not yet 20 and I was very good at hiding.

black and blue
The colours I used were remarkably accurate.
eager to please
I was never without a sense of irony.

memorial ready
Sorrow exposes.

flightless
Winged but still grounded.
the 2nd tattoo
rough and smooth
froggy
leap
patriotic full
I really do have no idea.

And in a different category-these I was going to hold onto but I am determined to let it all go.

Mermaids is a framed, collaged piece, covered with a heavy leaded glass that was textured to look like water. It is quite a heavy piece. And it is very unlike me. Seldom do I shoot a stranger. This piece is available (I think) for $165 including US shipping, $199 international.
mermaids ready

Eye to eye
A large unglassed piece. Neither of the eyes is mine.
The gelatin silver print of the eye is one of the last I ever made on Azo before it was no longer obtainable. SOLD .
eye to eye
bound by sight


I do not know if these will be of interest to anyone. But I thought they deserved a chance.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lauren,

    Your work is stunning. I am PhD student in Australia and making a research documentary about performance and spectators ans how we 'view' spectacle. as part of the thesis i am making a research documentary which will be marked by three examiners. I would love to use the image of your eye with the necklace ( very surreal and reminds me of Georges Bataille's The Eye) in the doco. The doco will not be broadcast on pay or free to air tv and is for research only. Would you consider this usage?
    Reagrds kate

    katesmith@csu.edu.au

    ReplyDelete